January 11, 2010
The Trustees, Sexton and Clerk of the Bellville Cemetery have developed the following regulations and information. With your help, we can keep the Bellville Cemetery beautiful and provide a place of rest for our loved ones that we can all be proud of. Your cooperation is appreciated. Thank You.
Flowers and Decorations
- All wanted decorations and containers must be removed by:
- March 15-Spring cleanup
- October 15-fall cleanup
- Decorations deemed inappropriate will be removed without notice.
- Artificial flowers are only permitted in saddles and permanantly attached vases.
- All planting and decorations must be placed at head of grave no more than 16" from the head of monument and maintained by the lot owner, or they will be removed without notice.
- No glass containers, gravel, wire, wood chips, or stones are permitted. Only fine mulch is permitted
- No rigid permanant borders are allowed. This includes any type of fencing.
- Shepard hooks are permitted for hanging baskets. Shepard hook must be in line with the monument.
Trees and Shrubs
- Donations may be made toward tree planting and /or cemetery beautification.
- Planting of trees, shrubs, or bushes (rose,etc.) is prohibited.
- No trees are to be removed except by Sexton or persons appointed by the Trustees. Storm damaged or diseased trees will be trimmed or disposed of.
- Monuments are to be set following the regulations as established by the Cemetery Trustees. In accordance with the August 11, 2003 regulations of the Board of Trustees, the following specifications will be in effect:
- Maximum size of single gravestones in the Bellville Cemetery:
- Single grave: 14 inches x 36 inches
- 1979 addition only: 22 inches x 44 inches
- Maximum size of any other stone in the Bellville Cemetery:
- 14 inches x 72 inches
- 1979 addition- 22 inches x 80 inches
- Four inch extensions on each side are required in the 1979 addition
- Maximum height of monument will not exceed 43 1/2 inches from the top of foundation to top of monument
- Baby section: 10 inches x 20 inches
- All monuments must be at ground level "no foot monuments"
- A lot must be paid in full before monuments can be placed.
- All monuments are to be placed at head of graves. No exceptions.
- Foundations are to be installed only by a contractor who is approved by the Bellville Cemetery Sexton.
- Foundations are poured twice a year in the spring and fall.
- To be eligible for monument placement, foundation orders must be received from the Monument Company by the following dates:
- April 1st for spring pouring.
- September 1st for fall pouring.
- All transfers of gravesites must go through the clerk of the cemetery to be valid.
- Number of burials per gravesite:
- One regular burial or a maximum of three cremations.
- No burials of baby at foot of graves in 1979 addition.